Saturday 9 May 2009

bridge to nowhere

Hey guys;
Sorry I haven't updated in a few days...

The reason is because I've been bingeing (no purging) and I'm so ashamed and I've eaten so much that I can't keep up and remember to write about it on blogger.

My only consolation is that I'm not gaining. Which is strange, as I haven't exercised in a while. But what sort of consolation is that? I should be restricting and losing, goddamnit.
---
I don't know if anyone remembers me talking about my mum and how she's 5'5 and 113 pounds..but anyway, she skydives regularly, and she has to wear a 17-pound weight belt because she's too small.
I vow, at this very moment, that by the beginning of June I will have lost 20 pounds. That gives me four weeks exactly.
Because I want to go skydiving, but I want to be so small that I have to wear 17 extra pounds to be able to go.
---
I also watched the new Star Trek movie. If you haven't seen it, you should go watch it. I enjoyed it and Zoe Saldana, the actress who plays Nyota Uhura, is so. fucking. beautiful. No, she's regal. And it's all because of how small she is.

----

You guys asked for some vegan recipes and here are some of my uncle's favorites:

Stuffed Tomatoes
  • 4 large ripe tomatoes with stems
  • 3 cups sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and drained
  • 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
  • 1/4 cup ripe red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
Cut tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the inside.
Blend sunflower seeds with 1/2 of the tomato pulp and paprika until smooth. Mix the remaining pulp, garlic, basil, bell pepper, and green onions into the tomato/paprika. Stuff tomatoes to the top.

Guacamole
Combine in a bowl:

6 avocados, pitted (save 3 pits)
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
1 tablespoon lime
1 vine ripened tomato, diced
1/4 cup white onion, diced
1 JalapeƱo pepper, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix and mash all th ingredients together well. Add the avocado pits to prevent from browning.

I'm not sure if those are the type of recipes you guys were hoping for; they aren't high-calorie, however, and it's all fresh.


Now that my dual-credit classes are over I should have more time to update...but if I don't post for a couple days, have no fear! It will be only because either I'm lazy or I have too much to do.

I love you guys, and I'm happy that my three R's were well-received! (now only if I can follow my own words...)

4 comments:

PrettyWreck said...

What helps me isn't keeping track of it here. I carry around a little green journal regularly, where I write what I eat as I eat it, with the calories. On times when I know I'm in binging moods, I plan out my diets the day before. I'll make a max cal list (about 600-700 depending on how badly I've been binging, sometimes higher if I need to ween myself down again), and then I'll list out what I'll eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner the next day, plus snacks.

That way I'll always have a time not too far off when I CAN eat something. And then I stick to that.

If you can't keep a journal with you always (I'm alone most of my day due to my shift at work and stuff) then try to keep one of those pocket sized flip pads to write it down with.


And thanks for the recipes! Do you have any that don't include raw tomatoes?

Savory Sweet said...

the stuffed tomatoes look delicious! As does the guacamole.

Good luck with your weight loss goal, You can do it!!

Tulip said...

Ditto with what prettywreck said, food diary has been one of my best moves. I wouldn't say it curbs my binges completely but it definetly helps with "how do I write that on paper?!" thanks for the recipes, I'm collecting at the moment in the hope I can go vegan when I have enough.

margeurite said...

Just so you know, you aren't alone with the whole "binging and feeling so ashamed you can't even talk about" thing.

And also, I'm thinking of you, even when you're not posting.

Refuse, resist, restrict, honey.